It is no secret that 2018 has been a rough year for me and my husband. I’ve shared extensively the ups and downs we’ve faces through social media, so I don’t want to spend too much time addressing that here.
What I want to do instead is place focus on the positives and hopes I have for the coming year. The things I want to accomplish both personally and professionally.
- Travel Internationally: my husband and I are considering a trip to Japan. I’ve always been a picky eater, but I’ve finally been enjoying fish and Japanese cuisine, so hopefully we’ll be able to head over sometime in the first half of the year
- Get Healthy: this sounds kind of vague, but that’s because the goal isn’t fully formed. Ultimately, I just want to get myself moving more often (bike rides with hubby, walks along the marsh), and curb the excessive eating that I used to help cope with personal issues (I’ve joined Weight Watchers, not as a rigid framework, but as a guide to help me keep track of how much I’m eating).
- Be More Engaged: my family and friends are really more important to me, so I want to spend more time reaching out and talking to people I love. Living on a tiny island makes me feel really far away from a lot of people I care about, so I have to be intentional about this.
- Choose Positivity: with the rough year of 2018 wrapping up, it is hard to believe 2019 is going to be any better. But I am by nature a positive person. Sometimes a little naive, but mostly just optimistic about life. I want to maintain that next year, regardless of whether 2019 is better or worse than 2018.
- Participate in Author Signings: this one is very exciting. I have two signings in the books for 2019 and I couldn’t be more thrilled to see how this goes. Check out my Events page for details on what those look like.
- Write for an Anthology: one of the best ways to meet new readers is to write for a piece of work where multiple authors collaborate. I’m excited for this baby to release in the first half of the year! More details coming soon.
- Expand Social Media: this is all about growth. I’m hoping to have 1,000 followers across all platforms by the end of the year. This should be easy on Instagram, since I’m nearly half way there already. But Facebook and my newsletter are another beast entirely.
- Get Ranked: the road to a ranked book is a long one, but I’m hopeful that this year I’ll crack the top 500 books on Amazon. Fingers crossed for that!
- Improve Skillset: I’m charging right into this one with a Gotham Writers Workshop in January. I believe in continued and purposeful education. Learning should be lifelong, and I’m looking forward to the challenges this brings.
So… to all of you lovelies with goals and resolutions and things you want to accomplish. I wish you the best of luck. I encourage everyone to approach 2019 with a hope for new experiences and quality time with loved ones, and you’ll be much happier for it.